For the last 2 weeks I have been in California for training. The first week Sarah did the single parent thing and quite well I might add. Audrey and Jack were very cooperative with staggered bed times and from what i hear ,little fuss from either. Then to continue being the supermom , Sarah took both kids (plus the 6 pieces of luggage) to the airport herself. Jack and Audrey again were superstars for the airport and plane ride.
I then picked up the family at the airport where they would join me for a week. For the weekend we went to San Francisco to spend time with the Websters. We had a great visit. On Saturday night we had some yummy lamb which even Audrey enjoyed. Then Sunday was the bay to breakers race. We watched some of the race and its variety (pirate ships, naked walkers, wonder woman, care bears, etc...). Then went back to the Websters for the post race brunch. many of the Webster cousins had participated and kay was kind enough to host the recovery center.
Sunday we returned to my hotel in Milpitas to settle in for the week. The hotel staff was very kind and seemed to bend over backwards to be helpful. I think having a family there was a nice change of pace versus the normal business travel. I then went and trained during the days while Sarah took the kids to see all the kid friendly sites in the bay area. She even made it down to the Monterrey aquarium, which Audrey really enjoyed.
Anyways, training ended and we returned for memorial day weekend. We had 2 nice barbeques and Audrey got to see many friends. The weather has actually been great (almost too good) . It was in the 70s over the weekend and this week it is all 80s with today maybe making 90. We have appreciated our new modern windows in the kitchen which seem to make a big difference.
preschool is over and public school is wrapping up for some of Audrey's older friends, so summer is almost here for all.
Here is a nice picture of the thompson grandchildren (Audrey, Jack, Quincy, Aiden)

Rob
2 comments:
Sarah is awesome! Truly a freak of nature. I am amazed how brave she is, I have no clue where she got it, (or why I didn't.)
I second that one! I consider myself to be pretty brave, but there's no way I would have been able to take the kids by myself on an airplane, even now! (ok, maybe it's not anything to do with the actual chaos as much as freaking out about the plane plummeting to the ground)
Post a Comment